- VG Run-time applies the security rules to applications in production.
- It provides the access control functionalities (authentication, permissions,
- It is composed of several .NET assemblies and exposes a detailed
- The VG WinConsole is a Winform application.
- Developers use it to define access rights to their applications.
To do this, they declare applications, permissions, permission
sets and roles.
- The WinConsole includes a Deployment
Wizard, to deploy the security data in production.
- It also includes the Permission
Editor, to define dynamic permissions.
A Web application destined to Administrators and Auditors
- Administrators use it to manage users and give them permissions.
- Auditors use it to generate security reports or to review operations
performed by users
- The VG repository is a database that stores the security data (users,
- This database is first deployed in test mode, and then in production,
with your applications.
Visual Guard Architecture
Visual Guard Server
- The VG Server allows an application to communicate with the
- The VG Server is used in the following situations:
- Complex architecture (the application cannot connect directly
with the repository)
- Applications developed with technologies other that .NET or
- The VG Server is delivered with a specific administration console... read